Not only will you have a blazing fast Internet connection and WiFi network with these products, but you will also save money. That's right. Renting a cable modem and WiFi router from Comcast costs money. Continuing (somehow) to have a phone line costs money. With this setup you will own a faster cable modem, you will own a faster, more reliable WiFi router, and you will not pay a monthly fee for a phone line. Ready?
- ARRIS SURFboard SB6190 DOCSIS 3.0
- This is your cable modem. Call your Internet provider and give them its serial number. Then hand back their modem to decrease your bill. Screw the cable coming out of your wall into this.
- eero Home WiFi System
- This is your WiFi router. It's expensive, but it's much faster and more reliable than what Comcast provides. You can also save money if you only purchase 1 beacon instead of 2. Connect this to your cable modem using an ethernet cable.
- Netgear 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- If you have an Apple TV, PlayStation, or other devices that require connections to the Internet, you will need extra Ethernet ports. Connect this to the eero's extra LAN port using an ethernet cable.
- Ooma Telo Phone Service
- Live with someone who won't give up a home phone? Ooma is a one-time purchase VOIP service. Connect this to your switch using the provided etherent cable.
- AmazonBasics RJ45 Cat7 Ethernet Cable
- Connect your other Internet-connected devices to your new ethernet switch using these cables to decrease your WiFi network's traffic.